Thursday, February 16, 2012

Recap on this elimination process

So just as a recap and to clarify a few things.

I've been following (well, as a rough guideline) Dr. Cranton's Caveman Diet for the past few weeks. I decided to take this on as I have some health issues that have been bothersome for the past few years and I've finally decided to stop and take a look at myself and utilize some of my knowledge that I have gained over the years.

I chose Dr. Cranton's diet as I found it to be fairly straight forward, restricts most foods that I could possibly find to be offending foods, gives my internal systems a break and, well, I thought it was well written. Really it's an elimination process - limiting the toxins, however I'm going to call it "the diet".

This diet was not intended to lose weight, this diet is intended to give my body a break, allow my immune system to relieve itself of some stress and to possibly diagnose some food allergies or intolerances.

Now, I knew I would lose weight following this plan as it does what any good diet and really what all of us should be doing anyway and that is:
CUTS ALL OF THE CRAP
Seriously people, if you're eating shit your body will show it! This applies to you and me and everyone else out there, it's not new's it's a fact.

My weight has been at the higher end of my preferred range for the past quite a few years (although I am not overweight, however carrying a few more pounds than what I like the scale to read) and I know what needs to be done to lose weight, hell I've been there, done that but sometimes it's just hitting the wall and looking at yourself and realizing that it's simply another decision and you have the reigns so it's up to you to change your direction.

Do I plan on eating like this the rest of my life, well YES in some aspects and already do/did in some aspects. I don't want to be as restricted as this detox has made me, and although I eat very healthy as it is, this detoxification process has opened my eyes to show me just where I've been slipping for the past few years. It's not difficult but it does require an open mind.

I have stumbled upon loads of great recipes lately and from there have a few thoughts of my own, however until I can add a few items back into my eating plan I am holding off on attempting any.

Happy day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment