Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wise Words "Never let the hand you hold, hold you down"


They say “actions speak louder than words.”

They say “sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me”

Physical harm is visual to the eye; physical harm can be bandaged and patched up, often healed to the point where there is not even a scar left behind.
 
Words often touch you, move you, infuriate you, lift you up, knock you down, tear you to shreds, break you or scar you more than anything physical.

Words leave you with a feeling, whether it is good or bad, but a feeling that you will never forget.

Maybe it’s your words or maybe it’s the words spoken by someone else, regardless they all leave a mark on your soul.

They say “be sure to taste your words before you spit them out”.

Once spoken, you cannot take them back.

Words can cut you like a knife or they can give you the wings that you need to fly.

I love words and therefore I speak often.

Call me a chatterbox, but when life is good or life is bad I need words.

Words heal me, words allow me to express my thoughts, my emotions, my anger, my sadness, my joy, my excitement, my love, my hopes, my dreams, my passion.

Words allow me to be me.

 I have my own words, tattooed on a spot that I read them everyday

 “Never let the hand you hold

Hold you down”



Call it motivation, call it a reminder, call it a statement, call it permanent; call it as you see it.

I call it

TRUTH

I wear these words where I ensure that I do see them daily, and I absolutely love them.

These words will ensure that I never lose myself again, that I keep my head held high and that I never forget who I am, and will always remain true to me.

Find your words and keep them in your special spot where you can ensure you never lose yourself either.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment