Friday, April 24, 2015

Sometimes all we need is that inner silence

Do you ever just take a few moments to feel alive?

Alone, no telephone ringing, no text message beeping, no notifications going off, no music playing, no traffic buzzing, no "mom", no "honey", no one and nothing except the sounds of nature and your inner self.

Why is this such a difficult thing for so many of us to find the time to do? Are we really that "needed" that we cannot find more moments like this?

Stepping outside and stepping away, even if it's only stolen in mere minutes here and there is probably one of the most essential things you can do for yourself.

Breathe, breathe in the open air, put your face up to the sun, listen to the birds, listen to the wind and the trees and watch life unfold in front of you, yet at such a different pace than what you are constantly living in.

Perspective comes to you in waves when you take these moments. It's amazing how all of a sudden  something that you've been pondering and mulling over and trying to pinpoint your emotions on, can all of a sudden become crystal clear and so simple. It can actually make you smile, giggle and even shake your head at the fact that you've yet again been over thinking the hell out of whatever it is so badly that you're frazzled and unable to form any rational thoughts.

Today I watched a squirrel jump from tree to tree, it was at least a 10 foot leap, it flew thru the air and I was sad that I didn't have my camera poised to catch the shot, it was amazing to see. It reminded me of a quote a good friend shared with me a while ago:

"Leap and the net will appear"



So absolutely true. In the instance of the squirrel it was a branch, but you get my drift.

This brought my thoughts to another friend and their quote from a few years ago, something to do with deserving a second chance or a do over, or to start again. At the time, I thought they were nuts!

But it was the truth, although at the time I couldn't see it or understand it, nor did I feel as though I deserved it. Yet, we all deserve it, I just hadn't found the one that would open my eyes to this and make it so crystal clear. No matter our age, our circumstances, our situation, nothing matters, we all deserve happiness in whatever form that works for us.

We all have one life ahead of us and it's within our own power to make it our own. Go with your gut, do what you feel is right for you and live your life to be the utmost wonderful, most enjoyable days. It's your life, live it to your fullest adventure and take every risk that comes your way (as long as it puts a smile on your face and a giggle within your heart).













No comments:

Post a Comment