Monday, March 12, 2012

Vegetarian Thoughts

With my HLC (Holistic Lifestyle Coach) background from CHEK and with my husband who has an extenstive CHEK and Poliquin background who loves to lift heavy and co-owns his own Personal Training Studio working as a Personal Trainer/Strength Coach, vegetarian is not a word that goes too far in my house.


There are many days where you would look at my diet and see a very vegetarian approach, however I still eat meat, daily and this I seem to fight with both sides of the coin on.


I see all of the right reasons for why I should eat meat and I see all the right reasons why I should take my diet on a further vegetarianism path.....which one's fully right? Well, as most things I see moderation being the key when it comes to this subject or any subject really. 

Do I get all of my protein from strictly animal proteins, NO.
Do I get all of my protein from nuts and seeds and alternate protein sources, NO.
I pretty much combine the two and am happy with what I get.

Should my elimination diet that I'm currenlty on not provide the results that I am looking for and need then yes, I may take a Vegan approach for a while just to throw another curve ball at it. Really, you never know until you try and right now I'm pretty much up to trying anything.

Thinking this post may be of hot topic at home and at the gym (www.realbodiesfitness.com), as I know the feelings on vegetarianism (as I am still a strong advocate of eating meat myself), however, this may be a route that I explore, even though I would plan on it only being temporary!

I am open minded though and know that sometimes even the greatest plans have faults and that sometimes plans change and results vary.

Will keep you posted if I happen to start moving on a path down this direction, still a few weeks out before I plan on doing many changes at all.

It's something to ponder anyway and I'm sure will have great debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment