Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mulligatawny Detox Soup

So, another weekend has come and gone and what better way to end it then to have a fresh pot of soup in the fridge for the busy week ahead! Lunch is made for the next few days, perfect way to start the week!

I have often seen many references to Mulligatawny Soup and thought it sounded yummy and healthy and chock full of all kinds of detoxifying goodness, but for whatever reason (maybe the fact that I don't like to follow recipes) I had yet to try it, let alone make it.

So, after reading in a friend's recent face book post that they had made a pot of this soup it prompted me to find a recipe and make it.

I followed this recipe here:
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.ca/2007/03/vegetarian-mulligatawny.html

I omitted the avocado oil as I simply thru everything in the crock pot so didn't figure it was needed.
I did not add the apples, simply because I did not have any granny smith's in the house.
I omitted the brown rice syrup as I didn't think it needed any sweetener and I totally forgot to add lime juice and still thought it was really good without it.

So, head on over and check out Gluten Free Goddess' Blogspot and have a look at her vegetarian mulligatawny soup.

It's completely full of whole, natural, healthy ingredients and well worth the try.

A few notes on Tumeric, just goes to show its worth adding some spice to your life:
Turmeric (otherwise known as Indian Saffron) - the yellowing pigment of turmeric comes from curcumin which has great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Curcumin also helps the body to destroy mutated cancer cells, prevented them from spreading through your body. Curcumin also promotes the livers detoxification process and enhances the bodies production of glutathione. Tumeric may also help in the prevention of heart disease and helps to prevent the brain from degeneration.


Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment