Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quinoa Carrot Muffins

I first stumbled upon this recipe here:

http://www.joyoushealth.ca/2011/09/20/quinoa-carrot-spice-muffins-gluten-free/

So far I've only made it once and only slightly changed it but am certainly putting this one aside as a keeper, you know when the kid devours one and asks for another that it was a hit!

Quinoa Carrot Muffins
1 1/3 cup quinoa flour (now, I screwed up and dumped in Kamut flour - next time will use the Quinoa since I love the stuff, but the Kamut was equally pleasing!)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup soaked raisins (to plump them back up - soak for 10-20 minutes and then pour off the water before using)
(at this point I also added a few things of my own: 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/3 cup sesame seeds)
Mix all of the dry ingredients
In a separate bowl mix:
2 eggs (or 2 tsp chia with 6 tbsp water - let sit for 5 minutes to gel)
2/3 cup coconut sugar (next time I may slightly decrease this amount)
2/3 c plain yogurt or 1/2 cup of almond milk (I used 1/2 cup rice milk since it was open)
2 1/4 cup grated carrot

Mix the dry and the liquid ingredients together and pour into greased muffin tins (makes 12-15 muffins)
Bake at 350 for approximately 20-24 minutes

Enjoy!

Being kid approved means I just scored one more item that I can put into her lunchbox and know that she will eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment