Monday, December 5, 2011

December has arrived, filled with all things Christmas!

It’s hard to believe just how quickly December seems to be passing us by. Forget November, where did 2011 go? Really, everyone I chat with says the same thing; days, weeks, months and years are flying by! 

Christmas is approaching just as quickly as ever! This year I vowed to myself that I would partake in a few of the Christmas season events that I missed out on last year. It really is a busy time of year but I wouldn't pass up December for anything.

Last night I was fortunate enough to have a night out with my mom and my sister to pay a visit to my Mom's church in Goodwood for “Carols by Candlelight”. The Goodwood United Church is the prettiest church around and the ladies (and gents) who keep the place going are extraordinary as well!  The place is always full of smiles and laughter and I can say that I have many memories in this pretty little place. This time of year it is always decorated so beautifully and the glow of the candle light in the evening always sets the mood perfectly.

The One Voice Choir from Uxbridge sang for us last night (which I can happily say my Aunt Donna is a part of), as well as an exquisite performance by Michael Hardock, Hayden Kerry, Victoria Ianou, Raphaella Cameron and Anthony Holt. Mixed in with the local talent was a Christmas story and a sing along which we all participated in. I have to say I sound much better in the car, alone, belting out Christmas carols than what I did last night! But no one was there to hear me sing and Christmas just doesn’t feel like Christmas without a visit to mom’s church and a night of singing carols.

Saturday we were fortunate enough to get a private session with Santa! Sweet World Media, Deborah De Ville, John Wood and Glen Buchanan put on a Photo with Santa event to raise funds for the Bonner Boys splash pad and Abby and I just couldn’t pass it up! Her pretty pic arrived today in my email box and made my day so I thought I would share it here.

They did such a fantastic job that I’m really hoping they do it again next year. Santa couldn’t have done a better job too! He’s a pretty busy guy this time of year with lots of events on the go but always a jolly soul with much love to share.

This time of year is filled with Christmas parties, baking, gingerbread house building, parades, the Living Nativity, the Festival of Lights, School concerts, Daycare Christmas and so on but you can bet I’m looking forward to making memories at each one.

I’m hoping you all find time in your busy schedules to enjoy some of the great festivities that are going on around you this time of year. You don’t have to be religious, you don’t have to celebrate Christmas and you don’t have to have children in order to find the spirit of the season and enjoy.

It's early, but Merry Christmas to everyone!

On a funny note, it was just yesterday that I was declared to be the meanest mommy ever which Abby quickly continued with "you are on Santa's naughty list and he's going to bring you coal in your stocking"! Could be an interesting December in our household!

No comments:

Post a Comment