Sunday, March 22, 2015

I've got this....each of us does



And then one day I woke up…..crazy, this is how it all started the last time!!!!

Amazing how we live and learn and yet so quickly and easily something happens or many things happen and the stress of it all piles up and up and then BOOM…..fat suit reappears!!!!! Or at least that’s what happens to me.

When my stress levels go up (for whatever reason), when I have internal turmoil going on (again, for a multitude of reasons, could be anything really), I put up walls and when I say walls, I mean I rebuild my fat suit. It’s a complete layer of protection from the outer world, or at least it thinks it is. Honestly it causes me more turmoil and grief opposed to comfort and protection.

57lbs in 3 years, that is what I gained….that is insane! I finally calculated it. I know better, I know how to eat healthy, I know how to work out, I love to be active etc. However, it still happened….again!

 A Struggle that I will have to constantly face.

I've had people look at me over the last couple of years and give small comments

“get back at it, I've seen you do this before, you know how”

‘better get this under control, you don’t want to end up like you did last time’

Or the looks, you know you’re getting the look with the back thought of “why did you gain it back”, “how could you let this happen”, “shouldn't you be doing something about this”…..etc, the list is beyond endless. However, believe me, the negative self talk that I've given myself for the past few years has been well beyond what anyone else has thought or said with or without words.

Let’s be clear

I didn't just let this happen

It happened, yes, however some of which has been completely out of my control.

I’m not taking full accountability here. It’s not like I sucked back endless bags of chips and cases of chocolate bars and ate McDonald’s every day while guzzling slurpies and pigging out on chocolate cakes. Let’s be honest here, I still ate quite healthy for the most part. I would not say that the weight was a factor of bad nutrition. My body was nourished and still is. My portions may have gone out of whack, again, not 57 lbs worth of out of whack though!

My body went into full storage mode. My body decides (as does many bodies out there), that when stressors get out of hand that it should shut down certain things and create havoc everywhere!

Three years ago I hit “fight or flight mode” and haven’t been able to turn it off. Because of this I have put my body through adrenal fatigue, have created a bit of a sluggish liver and countless other organs and internal systems that are certainly not operating at their peak performance rate. Because of this I eventually hit a massive FUNK! When your body is sluggish, eventually you become sluggish too. When things are not working right, eventually it takes its toll on everything!

A whopping 57 pound toll

It wears you down. Physically, emotionally. Simple everyday functions wear you out! Then not only are you emotionally exhausted getting thru your days but the extra weight makes your body hurt, which in turn makes it hard to be overly physical….plus the self-consciousness kicks in and you become embarrassed of your body and then have no desire to be seen attempting to be somewhat active….complete vicious cycle!!!!

Now, it wasn't all lack of exercise, unhappy thoughts and inactivity. Add in some medications that didn't agree with me and caused further havoc (most medications do!)

Eventually the cycle has to break. Not exactly sure how it happens but it does and you know when you've broken it. 

Key note here.......YOU BREAK YOUR OWN CYCLE

Often you break it a few little pieces at a time until eventually you find the best crack and you bust that thing wide open!

The warrior inside of you busts back out and you decide that it’s time to no longer be hiding behind some self-created fat suit that has not provided you with one bit of healthy good love.

You change the cycle, with resistance, of course change never happens overnight. Maybe it starts with baby steps, maybe it starts with further steps back. Regardless it starts with steps.




I may still be doing a cha cha at the moment but I know that I have finally broken the cycle.

Bottom line is, we all step back sometimes, we all have a story, we all have our reasons and not all of which are within our complete control, however the best part is that every single one of us has it inside of us to simply say

“I’ve got this”

No comments:

Post a Comment