Sunday, May 27, 2012

Get out the pen, start writing that happy ending!

I have a mug, it's been my "tea mug" for year's (which has recently been promoted to my "coffee mug" as well - yes I still thoroughly enjoy both!). It's a special mug, one that I received as a gift and one that I will cherish forever. It has a quotation on it, like many others, however this one just always seems so fitting. I'm not sure if my sister Glenda ever realized just the impact such a gift would have on me but it has, not even sure if she remembers giving it to me, but she did.

The quotation is simple, to the point and really nothing earth shattering, however I love the simplicity of it, the honesty and the downright blatent truth of it:

"Each day is a new beginning....an opportunity to write your own happy ending."

What happened yesterday will always be, you cannot change the past, but today you have the chance to make a change, start over, seize an opportunity, act differently, move forward, think differently, see differently, reach out for help, provide assistance, speak your mind or hold your tongue; whatever it takes to create YOUR own happy ending, whatever it may be.

So, are you ignoring the opportunities that present themselves to you each day? Are you stuck where you are, overwhelmed by life and feeling like things will never change, unhappy with the cards you've been dealt out of the deck? Or, are you seizing those moments for what they are, making the most out of life, looking for the next opportunity and creating your happy ending?

Really, each moment is an opportunity to create that new beginning, shift your attitude, have a change of heart, change your direction, try something new, be daring, adventurous, grab life by the horns and shake the shit out of it if that is what it takes!

Awaken your soul, do something fun and be happy and whatever you do just remember tomorrow you get the chance to do it all over again. So, what are you waiting for?

Grab a pen and start writing, it's your happy ending that you are creating and no one else can write it for you so get at it and own it!


No comments:

Post a Comment